FARMERS CLUB COMMITTEE
Our committee is dedicated to ensuring our members interests are taken seriously and are well provided for.
Simon Spence QC – Acting Chairman
Mervyn Scourfield-Thomas – Northgate Business Centre
Nigel Clark – Debentures & Car Parking
Mary Porch – Marketing
James Milnes – Premises
Annabel Mayer – Secretary
Should you wish to speak with our Chairman, please do so via our Front of House department or email him directly email@example.com
No longer do you have to be a Farmer to be eligible as a Club Member.
As a member of The Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club you can enjoy:
- Secure Private Parking within the town centre.
- Fine Dining in our elegant Regency Restaurant.
- A full social calendar including additional seasonal events.
- Informal dining in our historic oak panelled Jacobean Lounge & Bar.
- Picturesque Terrace & Secluded Gardens.
- Our individual Dining & Function rooms for private entertaining.
- Discounted Prices for Dining & Functions.
- Friendly and attentive service, within relaxed and stylish surrounds.
- Access to our Reciprocal Clubs throughout the UK and overseas.
Company Members can also benefit from:
- Full discounted access to our meeting rooms.
- Serviced offices and hot-desk hire.
- Access to our prestige Club for business meetings and networking.
- Access to our superior dining facilities for corporate hosting and events.
Members can pop in for coffee, breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or full evening dining (please see the Club opening times) You can enjoy large screen coverage of major sporting events, or participate in regular lunch time and themed evening events (see events page for details) or just call in at our Club bar for a beverage of your choice. We also have Members Happy Hour between 4.30-7.30pm on both Thursday and Friday evenings, along with a monthly supper club on the first Friday of each month.
We are also pleased to be able to offer a wide range of additional benefits to our members, such as
- Jon Clarkson Gardening Services are offering a 15% discount off all the following services: hedge trimming, grass cutting, leaf clearing, weeding, fence painting, patio cleaning, fencing, and other gardening services, covering the Bury St Edmunds and surround villages.
- An exclusive 10% discount off selected treatments at SK Clinic + Spa. In order to claim your SK discount, please present your membership card at the Spa reception prior to payment.
Please ask the Front of House team for more details on all member services.
Membership of The Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club also provides reciprocal membership of the following clubs:
- The Lansdowne Club, just off Berkeley Square in London’s West End
- The City University Club, within the Square Mile
- The St Pauls Club in Birmingham (unable to offer reciprocity currently)
- The Farmers Club in Whitehall, London
- The Ipswich and Suffolk Club in Ipswich
- The Norfolk Club, Norwich
- The Strangers Club in Norwich
- The Officers’ Club in Colchester
- The Clifton Club in Bristol
- The Hawks Club, Cambridge
- The Public Schools Club of Adelaide, Australia
- The City University Club of San Francisco and sister club Stouts Island Lodge in Wisconsin, USA
- The British Club, Bangkok
- The Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
Join Here: 2018/9 Member’s Subscriptions
Our Member subscriptions range in price, and are detailed below. Please contact our Front of House team to discuss the Membership option that suit you best. New members will enjoy an induction and the opportunity to meet key members of staff and familiarise themselves with the facilities that the club has to offer. All Memberships will be calculated pro rata if taken mid year.
We offer a range of membership packages, including;
- Individual Membership – £ 250.00
- Dual Membership – £ 375.00
- Start-up Business Membership – £ 100.00
- Company Membership – £ 400.00
- Country Membership – £ 75.00
- Under 35’s – £75.00
*Should you wish to have credit within the Club you will need to pay a voucher into your account.
Club Conference Facilities
Our public and private rooms are available for hire, either as individual rooms, reception areas or exclusive use of the entire club. We offer complimentary use of
The Regency Restaurant:
This elegant room can seat up to 50 for dining or theatre style and 30 cabaret style
Members £20.00 per hour | Non Members £50.00
The Club Room:
Our Club room can seat up to 40 theatre style, 20 cabaret style and 16 boardroom style
Members £15.00 per hour | Non Members £35.00
The Lower Lounge:
Set in a Grade 1 listed Jacobean hall, this informal lounge room can seat up to 14
Members £15.00 per hour | £35.00 per hour
The Garden Room:
Can seat up to 10 for either private dining or boardroom conferencing
Members £10.00 per hour | Non Members £30.00
The Oak Room:
This beautiful Oak panelled boardroom can comfortable seat 8 persons
Members £10.00 per hour | Non Members £30.00 per hour
The Northgate Suite:
Our largest newly refurbished room can seat 20 boardroom style, 30 cabaret and 50 theatre style
Members £ 15.00 per hour | Non Members £35.00 per hour
The Committee Room:
This light, bright boardroom seats 12 persons
Members £10.00 per hour | Non Members £30.00
Gardens and Terrace:
Perfect for family BBQ’s, summer dining, informal drinks or wedding photography
Please contact the Club for further details of our room sizes, availability and prices
We hold a wide variety of member events throughout the year and we always welcome function initiatives from our members. We are also very happy to discuss private functions with our members; from private parties, weddings, wakes, children’s or themed functions to more esoteric events. For a list of current events visit our forthcoming events page or sign up to our eNewsletter for updates straight to your inbox or smartphone. In addition to the Club’s regular Sunday and Speakers Lunches, the bar and main restaurant are open every Tuesday and Friday evening. We will also, from time to time, announce additional activity. These functions will be advertised through eNews updates as well as through the website.