FARMERS CLUB COMMITTEE
Our committee is dedicated to ensuring our members interests are taken seriously and are well provided for.
Darren Johnston – Chairman and Estate
Simon Spence QC – Vice-Chairman and Events
John Valentine – Treasurer
Nigel Clark – Debentures and Car parking
Annabel Mayer – Membership
Richard Wheeler – Front of House
Rachel Mc Killop-Wilkin – Secretary and Northgate Business Centre
Should you wish to speak with our Chairman, please do so via our Front of House department.
No longer do you have to be a Farmer to be eligible as a Club Member.
As a member of The Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club you can enjoy:
- Secure Private Parking within the town centre.
- Fine Dining in our elegant Regency Restaurant.
- A full social calendar including additional seasonal events.
- Informal dining in our historic oak panelled Jacobean Lounge & Bar.
- Picturesque Terrace & Secluded Gardens.
- Our individual Dining & Function rooms for private entertaining.
- Discounted Prices for Dining & Functions.
- Friendly and attentive service, within relaxed and stylish surrounds.
- Access to our Reciprocal Clubs throughout the UK and overseas.
Company Members can also benefit from:
- Full discounted access to our meeting rooms.
- Serviced offices and hot-desk hire.
- Access to our prestige Club for business meetings and networking.
- Access to our superior dining facilities for corporate hosting and events.
Members can pop in for coffee, breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or full evening dining (please see the Club opening times) You can enjoy large screen coverage of major sporting events, or participate in regular lunch time and themed evening events (see events page for details) or just call in at our Club bar for a beverage of your choice.
We are also pleased to be able to offer a wide range of additional benefits to our members, such as;
- WineTrust100 are pleased to announce an exclusive discount offer for Club Members and is powered by three Masters of Wine, dedicated to sharing with you a constantly refreshed selection of 100 of the best wines, for their best price. WineTrust100 are offering Club Members an exclusive £10 off all orders over £100.
- Jon Clarkson Gardening Services are offering a 15% discount off all the following services: hedge trimming, grass cutting, leaf clearing, weeding, fence painting, patio cleaning, fencing, and other gardening services, covering the Bury St Edmunds and surround villages.
- An exclusive 10% discount off selected treatments at SK Clinic + Spa. In order to claim your SK discount, please present your membership card at the Spa reception prior to payment.
Please ask the Front of House team for more details on all member services.
Membership of The Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club also provides reciprocal membership of the following clubs:
- The Lansdowne Club, just off Berkeley Square in London’s West End
- The City University Club, within the Square Mile
- The St Pauls Club in Birmingham
- The Farmers Club in Whitehall, London
- The Ipswich and Suffolk Club in Ipswich
- The Norfolk Club, Norwich
- The Strangers Club in Norwich
- The Officers’ Club in Colchester
- The Clifton Club in Bristol
- The Public Schools Club of Adelaide, Australia
- The City University Club of San Francisco and sister club Stouts Island Lodge in Wisconsin, USA
- The British Club, Bangkok
- The Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
Join Here: 2017/8 Member’s Subscriptions
Our Member subscriptions range in price, and are detailed below. Please contact our front of house team to discuss the Membership option that suit you best. New members will enjoy an induction and the opportunity to meet key members of staff and familiarise themselves with the facilities that the club has to offer.
We offer a range of membership packages, including;
- Individual Membership – £ 250.00
- Dual Membership – £ 375.00
- Start-up Business Membership – £ 100.00
- Company Membership – £ 400.00
- Country Membership – £ 75.00
*Should you wish to have credit within the Club you will need to pay a voucher into your account.
Our public and private rooms are available for hire, either as individual rooms, reception areas or exclusive use of the entire club.
The Regency Restaurant: Seats a maximum of 52 for dining in elegant Georgian surrounds.
The Club Room: Seats a maximum of 24 in a more informal setting.
The Lower Lounge: Set in a Grade 1 listed Jacobean hall, this Informal lounge room can seat up to 18.
The Garden Room: Private dining for up to 12 persons.
The Oak Room: Seats 8 persons in boardroom style.
The Northgate Suite: Seats 28 persons in boardroom style or 50 persons in theatre style
The Committee Room: Seats 12 persons in boardroom style
Gardens and Terrace: Perfect for family BBQ’s, summer dining or informal drinks
We hold a wide variety of member events throughout the year and we always welcome function initiatives from our members. We are also very happy to discuss private functions with our members; from private parties, weddings, wakes, children’s or themed functions to more esoteric events. For a list of current events visit our forthcoming events page or sign up to our eNewsletter for updates straight to your inbox or smartphone. In addition to the Club’s regular Sunday and Speakers Lunches, the bar and main restaurant are open every Tuesday and Friday evening. We will also, from time to time, announce additional activity. These functions will be advertised through eNews updates as well as through the website.