FARMERS CLUB COMMITTEE
Our committee is dedicated to ensuring our members interests are taken seriously and are well provided for.
Simon Spence QC – Acting Chairman
Mervyn Scourfield-Thomas – Northgate Business Centre
Nigel Clark – Debentures & Car Parking
Mary Porch – Marketing
James Milnes – Premises
Annabel Mayer – Secretary
Should you wish to speak with our Chairman, please do so via our Front of House department or email him directly firstname.lastname@example.org
No longer do you have to be a Farmer to be eligible as a Club Member.
As a member of The Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club you can enjoy:
- Secure private parking within the town centre.
- Fine dining in our elegant Regency Restaurant.
- A full social calendar including additional seasonal events.
- Informal dining in our historic oak panelled Jacobean Lounge & Bar.
- Picturesque terrace and secluded gardens.
- Our individual dining and function rooms for private entertaining.
- Friendly and attentive service, within relaxed and stylish surrounds.
- Access to our Reciprocal Clubs throughout the UK and overseas.
Company Members can also benefit from:
- Discounted access to our meeting rooms.
- Serviced offices and hot-desk hire.
- Access to our prestige Club for business meetings and networking.
- Access to our superior dining facilities for corporate hosting and events.
Members can pop in for coffee, breakfast, brunch, lunch or evening dining (on selected dates, please see the Club opening times). You can enjoy large screen coverage of major sporting events, or participate in regular lunch time and themed evening events (see events page for details) or just call in at our Club bar for a beverage of your choice. We also have Members Happy Hour between 5.30-7.00pm on Friday evenings.
Please ask the Front of House team for more details on all member services.
Membership of The Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club also provides reciprocal membership of the following clubs:
- The Lansdowne Club, just off Berkeley Square in London’s West End
- The City University Club, within the Square Mile
- The St Pauls Club in Birmingham (unable to offer reciprocity currently)
- The Farmers Club in Whitehall, London
- The Ipswich and Suffolk Club in Ipswich
- The Norfolk Club, Norwich
- The Strangers Club in Norwich
- The Officers’ Club in Colchester
- The Clifton Club in Bristol
- The Hawks Club, Cambridge
- The Public Schools Club of Adelaide, Australia
- The City University Club of San Francisco and sister club Stouts Island Lodge in Wisconsin, USA
- The British Club, Bangkok
- The Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
Join Here: 2018-19 Member’s Subscriptions
Our Member subscriptions range in price, and are detailed below. Please contact our Front of House team to discuss the Membership option that suit you best. New members will enjoy an induction and the opportunity to meet key members of staff and familiarise themselves with the facilities that the club has to offer.
We offer a range of membership packages, including;
- Individual Membership – £ 250.00
- Dual Membership – £ 375.00
- Start-up Business Membership – £ 100.00
- Company Membership – £ 400.00
- Country Membership – £ 75.00
- Under 35’s Membership – £ 75.00
For members joining in January pro-rata rates apply. Our membership year runs from 1st October to 30th September.
*Should you wish to have credit within the Club you will need to pay a voucher into your account.
Club Conference Facilities
Our public and private rooms are available for hire, either as individual rooms, reception areas or exclusive use of the entire club. We offer complimentary use of
The Club Room:
Our Club room can seat up to 40 theatre style, 20 cabaret style and 16-18 boardroom style
Members £15.00 per hour | Non Members £35.00
The Lower Lounge:
Set in a Grade 1 listed Jacobean hall, this informal lounge room can seat up to 14
Members £15.00 per hour | £35.00 per hour
The Garden Room:
Can seat up to 10 for either private dining or boardroom conferencing
Members £10.00 per hour | Non Members £30.00
The Oak Room:
This beautiful Oak panelled boardroom can comfortable seat 6-8 delegates
Members £10.00 per hour | Non Members £30.00 per hour
The Northgate Suite:
Our largest newly refurbished room can seat 15-22 boardroom style, 25 cabaret and 50 theatre style
Members £ 15.00 per hour | Non Members £35.00 per hour
The Committee Room:
This light, bright boardroom seats 10-12 delegates
Members £10.00 per hour | Non Members £30.00
Gardens and Terrace:
Perfect for family BBQ’s, summer dining, informal drinks or wedding photography
Please contact the Club for further details of our room sizes, availability and prices
We hold a wide variety of member events throughout the year and we always welcome function initiatives from our members. We are also very happy to discuss private functions with our members; from private parties, weddings, wakes, children’s or themed functions to more esoteric events. For a list of current events visit our forthcoming events page or sign up to our eNewsletter for updates straight to your inbox or smartphone.